Updated: Nov 10, 2020
Are you Feeling Tired, Irritated, and wish you had Your Personal and Professional Motivation and Energy back?
Learn how to Recognize the Indicators of Stress before Extreme Stress and Burnout occur
What is 'Burnout'? Where do we Start?
Too much work or frequent frustration at work or in our personal lives can lead to physical and emotional exhaustion, referred to as, Burnout.
Burnout is particularly prevalent among professionals that work with people, in any capacity.
A high volume of work and frequent frustration at work can lead to a syndrome of physical and emotional exhaustion. It is an adverse stress reaction with psychological, psycho-physiological, and behavioural components.
Recognize the Beginning Signs of Burnout
The Signs of Burnout include the following:
1. Increased physical Complaints: Fatigue, irritability, muscle tension, stomach upset, and susceptibility to illness.
2. Social Withdrawal: Pulling away form coworkers, peers, family members
3. Diminished Sense of Humour: Inability to laugh at daily, typically funny situations
4. Changed Job Performance: Increased absenteeism, tardiness, use of sick leave, and decreased efficiency or productivity
5. Internal Changes: Emotional exhaustion, loss of self-esteem, depression, frustration, and a “trapped” feeling
6. Self-Medication: Increased use of alcohol, tranquilizers, and other mood-altering drugs
7. Internal Changes: Emotional exhaustion, loss of self-esteem, depression, frustration, and a “trapped” feeling
Or it may begin to manifest in loss of self-esteem, a negative attitude toward other people, callousness, poor job performance, high turnover, accidents at work, or in poor relationships
Discover if You or Someone you Know may be Suffering
Are you or a loved one suffering from burnout, or maybe you don't even realize it. Maybe believing that there may be something wrong with them or that they are unable to manage when often times, if supports are provided and stress management is employed, burnout and stress can be reduce exponentially
Do you think you may be suffering from burnout, or maybe starting to experience some negative stress-related symptoms?
Complete this self-assessment to find out by answering True or False to the following questions:
_______ 1. Is your efficiency at work declining?
_______ 2. Have you lost some of your initiative at work?
_______ 3. Have you lost interest at work?
_______ 4. Does work stress get to you more than it used to?
_______ 5. Do you feel fatigued or run down?
_______ 6. Do you get headaches?
_______ 7. Do you get stomach aches?
_______ 8. Have you lost weight recently?
_______ 9. Do you have trouble sleeping?
_______ 10. Do you experience shortness of breath?
_______ 11. Do you have frequent changing or depressing moods?